Juliet Russell has worked for over 20 years as an international practitioner specialising in the voice.
Her workshop experience ranges from a university lecturer of 17 years to large-scale community-based projects, corporate training and intensive work with individuals and groups of up to 1500 people.
Juliet holds a First Class Honours Degree in Music and Visual Arts from Brighton University.
‘Having presented more than two thousand events over the years, I would put Juliet Russell in the top ten most vibrant workshop leaders to date’
– Jan Bell, Founder, Little Red Hen Music, Events Producer, NYC
In addition to Vocal Explosion mass sing and scratch choirs, a variety of workshops can be offered, including:
- Breathing, relaxation, visualisation
- Confidence building with the voice
- Team-building with voice and percussion
- Communication skills with the voice
- Composing for the voice
- World-inspired vocal songs (including Gospel, African, Eastern European, and Celtic)
Each session can be tailored to the particular group’s requirements.
Juliet has previously led workshops at:
* WOMAD Festival (x3)
* Barcelona International Womens Forum
* Giving Voice International Festival – CPR Aberystwyth
* Making Poetry Music – Oxford Brookes University
* Voice for the Dancer – Tilberg Academy of Dance
* Unison – for employees
* Body Positive, workshops for clients with HIV
* Gestalt International Training Conference
* Leading animateur for Sing Up ‘Beyond the Mainstream’ Brighton LAC outreach project 2009
* Conductor for Brighton Festival/Sing Up Childrens Chorus 2009
* Composer and Conductor; Central School of Speech and Drama Lantern Parade 2008
* INSET training for SEN teachers
* Mentor work for Rhythmix music charity
* Workshop techniques for music teachers – voluntary sector – on behalf of Brighton Music Services
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 0044 (0)7972 485 619